(2005, Asthmatic Kitty)
check out our other Sufjan Stevens records too.
The second and ultimately final album of Sufjan Stevens' fifty-state project, 'Illinois' is a wildly ambitious look into the heart of the state, at its history, mythology, values and culture, as sonically adventurous and expansive as it is thematically. It also features some of his most beloved songs, including "Chicago, Casimir Pulaski Day," and "The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us."
1. Concerning The UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois
2. The Black Hawk War, Or, How To Demolish An Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself In The Morning, Or, We Apologize For The Inconvenience But You're Going To Have To Leave Now, Or, "I Have Fought The Big Knives And Will Continue To Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands!"
3. Come On! Feel The Illinoise! Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
4. John Wayne Gacy, Jr.
6. A Short Reprise For Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, But For Very Good Reasons
7. Decatur, Or, Round Of Applause For Your Stepmother!
8. One Last "Whoo-Hoo!" For The Pullman
10. Casimir Pulaski Day
11. To The Workers Of The Rock River Valley Region, I Have An Idea Concerning Your Predicament
12. The Man Of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts
13. Prairie Fire That Wanders About
14. A Conjunction Of Drones Simulating The Way In Which Sufjan Stevens Has An Existential Crisis In The Great Godfrey Maze
15. The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us!
16. They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh!
1. Let's Hear That String Part Again, Because I Don't Think They Heard It All The Way Out In Bushnell
2. In This Temple As In The Hearts Of Man For Whom He Saved The Earth
3. The Seer's Tower
4. The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders Part 1: The Great Frontier Part II: Come To Me Only With Playthings Now
5. Riffs And Variations On A Single Note For Jelly Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, And The King Of Swing, To Name A Few
6. Out Of Egypt, Into The Great Laugh Of Mankind, And I Shake The Dirt From My Sandals As I Run
7. The Ava Lanche
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.